23rd Annual BYU Religious Education Student Symposium
Friday, February 19, 2021
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2020
Purpose of Conference:
To provide a forum for students to research, write, and present papers about religious subjects from a faithful perspective.
All full-time BYU undergraduate and graduate students attending BYU-Provo Winter Semester 2021 on campus are invited to submit one paper.
Cash Awards for Winning Papers
Papers submitted must be solely the author’s original work, faith promoting, and must not be submitted to other conferences or journals. If accepted, each author should plan on fifteen minutes to present his or her paper. Papers may focus on a topic of religious significance including, but not limited to, the following:
- Scriptural topics
- Religion and family life
- Doctrinal topics
- Family history
- History of the Church
- Teachings of living prophets
- Ancient religious history World religions
DEADLINE: November 30, 2020
Students submitting papers will be notified of acceptance by mid-January 2021.
Papers must be formatted Chicago style, typed (double-spaced), and 10-12 pages in length (not including endnotes). All quoted sources must be fully cited in endnotes. Submit papers as a Word document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the following information on a cover page:
- Title of the Paper
- Student’s Name (Do not include your name on any other pages, even in the header)
- Major and class (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student)
- Contact Information: BYU address, phone number, e-mail
- Statement that the paper is solely your original and individual work and has not nor will not be submitted for presentation or publication elsewhere
On a separate page at the end of your paper, provide an abstract or summary (150 words or less). Please retain documentation of the sources you cite should your paper be accepted for publication.
Contact Beverly Yellowhorse: 801-422-3611 or email@example.com